Search This Blog

Monday, December 20, 2010

Dec. 20th Daily Plan

9th Grade -

Today was an in-class work day for several different assignments. First, students who need to retake the Narrative Essay B.O.E. were provided with their alternate prompt, and have two days to complete this assignment - it needs to be in to me by the beginning of class on Wednesday, 12/22.

Students who do not need to retake the B.O.E. were given today to add finishing touches to their projects, peer edit the written components and work on polishing the typed final drafts.

In class writing prompt - What theme/idea from Fahrenheit 451 do you feel was the most important to learn about? How does this theme connect to you personally?

I also gave students time to complete missing writing assingments (check PowerSchool if you think you are missing anything).

All students were provided this information - THE FINAL PROJECT IS DUE AT THE BEGINNING OF CLASS TOMORROW, 12/21.

As I have explained to the class, if you have been having problems with the project, you need to see me early on. If you have been having a hard time with the project but do not bring it up until five minutes before the bell, it is near impossible to provide you with adequate feedback and time before the due date - I expect students to be ready and completed by this time. 

No excuses, explanations, or rationalizations if it is not turned in.
This means make a hard-copy, e-mail a copy to yourself, etc. I expect this turned in at the beginning of class. If you are not in class, I'm expecting a copy of the written component e-mailed to me.

10th Grade -

Today was relatively simple. Students who needed to retake the literary term B.O.E. were given the class period to do so, using the same literary terms from the previous test matched with The Crucible.

Students who did not need to retake the B.O.E. were given time to peer-review their essays, and work on typing final drafts in the library.

All students were provided this information - THE FINAL DRAFT IS DUE AT THE BEGINNING OF CLASS TOMORROW, 12/21.

As I have explained to the class, if you have been having problems with the essay, you need to see me early on. If you have been having a hard time with the essay but do not bring it up until five minutes before the bell, it is near impossible to provide you with adequate feedback and time before the due date - I expect students to be ready and completed by this time. 

No excuses, explanations, or rationalizations if it is not turned in.
This means make a hard-copy, e-mail a copy to yourself, etc. I expect this turned in at the beginning of class. If you are not in class, I'm expecting a copy e-mailed to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment